Thursday, November 21, 2019

Individual skills Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1000 words

Individual skills - Essay Example (Cantor and Blanton, 1996) Currently, I am undertaking a Bachelor degree and I am in my second year undertaking a degree program is geared towards applied business sector and equips students with necessary skills and knowledge that will enable them to work in the business and industry sector. The program is a four year course and I m thus reaming with two more years. School is easy for me; I am naturally a smart kid. Even though, I have many assignments and homework to do I rarely seek assistance from my friends. Luckily, for me I am very independent and capable of doing them myself. I got straight A's throughout my first year in college. In the second year where I am currently have continued to get good grades in all my subjects. Severally reasons have continued to contribute to my current success in education; some of them are underlined below; I understand how important education is. I was raised to be respectful to adults and follow direction of teachers. I have very good conduct in school, very good grades and I always try to please my teachers. I have formed a strong belief in following rules and laws of the school. I balance my work with playing various games such as basket ball and hockey I attribute my current status in life to how I develop as a child as far as being independent and carrying forward a strong sense of self esteem. I also remember that in order for an individual to be successful in any field one has to be disciplined and respective. Thus I have continued to be disciplined in school by avoiding behaviours and company which may mislead me. Discipline has helped me in achieving my school targets and also ensuring that I remain focused on education. Good communication and interpersonal skills Communication in any field remains the most important aspect in achieving a good relationship with various groups. In a college situation good and effective communication leads to a student being able to understand and be understood by both his/her teachers and also his/her fellow students. I have been able to cultivate good communication skills and interpersonal skills to be able to get the maximum from my teachers and my fellow students. This has also enabled me to create health relations with my lecturers and also fellow students. Thus being able to understand and be assisted by the lecturers in any area that I need assistance. This has highly contributed to my good performance both in class and outside class. I intend to improve my communication skills in order to enhance my understanding of subjects and people. This will of course improve my overall education performance. Time management Proper management of any resources will greatly ensure the success of the manager. For me, time is the biggest resource I have in school. I realize that if I managed well the time I have then I will definitely succeed in my education to this end I ensure that I do my assignments in the specified time and that I also attend my lectures without being late. This time management skills are also utilized when I am doing an exam, I ensure that I answer all my questions in the specified time. Certainly this is one sure way of any student to succeed. Short term educational objective My

No comments:

Post a Comment